Who we are
Our website address is: https://quicknewstoday.com.
Quicknewstoday (hereinafter referred to as “we”) focuses on protecting users’ personal information and privacy. When you use our services, we may collect and use your relevant information.
Table of contents
- How we collect and use personal information
- How we store and protect personal information
- How we share, transfer and publicly disclose personal information
- How to manage your personal information
- Minors’ Information Protection Clauses
- Contact us
- How we collect and use personal information
(1) Tips on sensitive personal information
(2) The purpose, method, and scope of our collection of personal information
We will collect and obtain your personal information through the following ways
1. Help you complete registration, authentication, and login
1.1 When you register and log in to The Quicknewstoday and related services, you can create an account through your mobile phone number, you can complete relevant online identity information (avatar, nickname, password), and you can also choose to fill in your gender and address according to your own needs. , region and personal introduction/signature/profile, education, income, occupation, and other information to complete your information.
If you need to use related services involving identity authentication functions, according to relevant laws and regulations, you may be required to provide your real identity information (real name, ID number, phone number) to complete real-name verification. This information is collected to help you complete registration and authentication. This information is sensitive personal information. You can refuse to provide it, but you may not be able to obtain relevant services, and it will not affect the normal use of other functions and services.
For some accounts involved in the dissemination of public information, such as real-name official accounts, we will compulsorily collect the ID information of the main person responsible to ensure the maintenance of public communication order. Except for such circumstances, The Quicknewstoday is generally not forced to collect user ID information.
1.2 You can also use a third-party account to log in and use it. You will authorize us to obtain the public information you registered on the third-party platform (avatar, nickname, and other information authorized by you) for binding with The Quicknewstoday account so that you can Log in directly and use this product and related services.
2. Recommend information you are more interested in
2.1 The Quicknewstoday may recommend information that you are more interested in. To implement this function, we may collect necessary log information. If you do not need the above-personalized recommendation service, you can turn it off in the news content targeted push switch settings. For specific operation methods, please refer to Article 5, Paragraph 5 below.
2.2 Log information used for information display includes:
Behavioral information you operate and use: click, follow, favorite, search, browse, share
Information you actively provide: feedback, posts, likes, comments
Geolocation information: GPS information, WLAN access point, Bluetooth, base station and other sensor information
2.3 GPS geographical location is sensitive personal information. If you refuse to provide it, we will not recommend information to you based on GPS information, and it will not affect the normal use of other functions of The Quicknewstoday.
2.4 We will show you and recommend relevant local information in your area based on the region corresponding to the IP address.
2.5 The above information we collect and use has been de-identified. Data analysis only corresponds to specific codes that cannot be directly associated with your identity, and will not be associated with your real identity.
3. Provide you with publishing and interactive services
3.1 Information release
a. When you post content, comment, question or answer, we will collect the information you post and display your nickname, avatar and posted content. When you post information and choose to display your location, we will ask you to authorize geolocation permissions and collect location information related to this service. If you refuse to authorize the provision of precise geographical location information, you will not be able to use this function, but it will not affect the normal use of other functions of The Quicknewstoday.
b. When you use the function of uploading pictures, audio, and video, we will ask you to authorize camera, photo, and microphone permissions. If you refuse to authorize the provision, you will not be able to use this function, but it will not affect your normal use of other functions of The Quicknewstoday.
c. When you use the [News Report] or [Video Report] and [The Quicknewstoday Quality Report Complaint] functions, we may ask you to provide your mobile phone number and/or WeChat ID for further understanding and verification of the report details. If you refuse to provide this information, you will not be able to use this feature, but it will not affect your normal use of other features of The Quicknewstoday.
d. Information collected by us when users use our products or services. For example, information posted by other users may contain some of your information (such as comments, messages, pictures, texts, audio and video related to you). Information).
3.2 Interactive communication
a. When you actively follow accounts and topics you are interested in and interact with them, and browse, comment, collect, like or share content, we will collect the accounts you follow and show you the content posted by the accounts you follow.
4. Provide you with search services
When you use The Quicknewstoday’s search service, we will collect your search keyword information and log records. In order to provide efficient search services, some of the aforementioned information will be temporarily stored in your local storage device and can display search results and search history to you.
5. Provide you with security
5.1 Security function
We are committed to providing you with safe and reliable products and usage environments, and providing high-quality and reliable services is our core goal. The information collected to implement security protection functions is necessary information.
5.2 Device information and log information
a. In order to ensure the safe operation of the software and services, we will collect your hardware model, operating system version number, international mobile equipment identification number, unique device identifier, network device hardware address (such as MAC address, etc.), IP address, WLAN access point, Bluetooth, base station, software version number, network access method, type, status, network quality data, operation, usage, and service logs.
b. In order to prevent malicious programs and necessary for safe operations, we will collect installed application information or running process information, the overall operation, usage and frequency of applications, application crashes, overall installation usage, performance data, and application source.
c. We may use your account information, device information, service log information, and information that our affiliated companies and partners can share with your authorization or in accordance with the law to determine account security, conduct identity verification, detect and prevent security incidents.
(3) You understand and agree that some individual services may require you to enable specific access permissions in your device to collect and use the information involved in these permissions. For example:
- We may apply for location permission to recommend local news to you, display location information when publishing information, etc.;
- We may apply for storage space permission for you to save pictures, upload pictures or videos, etc.;
- We may apply for camera permission to take pictures or videos when you publish information;
- We may apply for microphone permission to record sounds when you shoot videos;
- We may apply for system device permissions to collect device information to push news to you, ensure the stability of services, etc.;
- In the Android environment, we may send broadcasts through the system at a certain frequency to wake up the self-starting behavior of this application, which is used to update the content of desktop widgets in real time;
Some of the above permissions will not be enabled by default or forcibly, and we will apply to you in relevant application scenarios; some function permissions are controlled by the Android system and will not trigger pop-ups. We only obtain this permission when you use this function. When you need to turn off these functional permissions, you can turn it off in the privacy settings or system settings of the APP. For specific operation methods, please refer to Article 5, Paragraph 6 below. Please note that when you turn on any permission, you authorize us to collect and use relevant information to provide you with corresponding services. Once you close any permission, you cancel the authorization, and we will no longer continue to collect and use relevant information based on the corresponding permissions. Using relevant information, we cannot provide you with services corresponding to this permission. However, your decision to turn off permissions will not affect the previous collection and use of information based on your authorization.
We may collect and use your information through cookies and similar technologies, store this information as log information, and use it for the following purposes:
- Remember who you are. For example: cookies help us identify you as our registered user, or save your preferences or other information you have provided to us;
- How we store and protect personal information
- The region where information is stored
1.1 We will store users’ personal information collected by laws and regulations. 1.2 Currently we do not transfer or store your personal information across borders. If cross-border transmission or storage is required in the future, we will inform you of the purpose of the information transfer, recipients, security assurance measures, and security risks, and obtain your consent.
2. How and for how long information is stored
2.1 We will store your information in a secure manner, including local storage (such as using APP for data caching), databases and server logs located on the server.
2.2 Generally, we will only store your personal information for the time necessary to achieve the purpose of the service or under the conditions specified by laws and regulations.
2.3 Under normal circumstances, we use automatic server coverage to process expired information.
- We use industry-wide security technology and anonymization processing to prevent the loss, improper use, unauthorized reading or disclosure of information. For example, in some services, we will use encryption technology (such as SSL) to protect the personal information you provide.
- Although reasonable and effective measures have been taken and the standards required by relevant laws have been complied with, please understand that due to technical limitations and various possible malicious means, in the Internet industry, even if we do our best to strengthen security measures, and it is impossible to always guarantee 100% information security. You need to understand that the systems and communication networks you use to access our services may have problems due to factors beyond our control.
- How we share, transfer and publicly disclose personal information
- We will not share your personal information with any company, organization or individual other than us, except in the following circumstances:
(1) Obtain your explicit consent or authorization in advance;
(2) Provided in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, legal process requirements, and mandatory administrative or judicial requirements;
(3) To the extent permitted by laws and regulations, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, safeguard social and public interests, or protect the personal and property safety or legitimate rights and interests or safety of us or our group companies, our customers, other users or employees reasonably necessary to protect against harm;
(4) Only by sharing your information can we realize the core functions of our products and/or services or provide the services you need;
(5) Handle disputes or controversies between you and others upon your request;
(6) Comply with the relevant agreements signed with you (including electronic agreements signed online and corresponding platform rules) or other legal documents;
(7) Used based on academic research;
(8) Use based on social and public interests that comply with laws and regulations.
2. Third-party services and applications
To achieve the purposes stated in this policy and to better provide you with services, we may access the SDK or other similar applications provided by third-party service providers and share some of the information we have collected in accordance with this policy. To such third-party service providers in order to provide better customer service and user experience. You can click “Third-Party SDK Directory” to learn about the basic situation of the third-party SDKs we mainly access. The access of each individual service to the third-party SDK may be different. If you need to know the details of the access of a specific individual service to the third-party SDK , please go to the corresponding service page and check the specific terms and related pages of each of our individual services. Currently, we have accessed third-party service providers to achieve the following functions or services:
2.1 Product usage analysis: In order to analyze the usage of our services and improve user experience, we will share the de-identification of product usage (crash, crash, usage time, etc.) with third-party service providers Youmeng and Tingyun or anonymized data that is difficult to combine with other information to identify you personally;
2.2 Content sharing: When you click the “Share” button to share certain Thermal News content to third-party social media, we will complete the sharing function through the third-party service provider MobTech Share SDK. The implementation of this function requires the collection of your information (device information, application list information, geographical location, etc.).
2.3 Call up the APP through a web page: When you call up the service of The Quicknewstoday APP through a web page, etc., we will complete this function through the third-party service provider MobTech MobLink SDK. The implementation of this function requires the collection of your information (device information, application list information, network status information, base station information, etc.).
2.5 The Quicknewstoday: When you purchase goods on The Quicknewstoday, the third-party mall service provider Youzan may need to collect your name, address, and mobile phone number to provide you with product purchase and delivery services.
2.6 Payment service: When you appreciate the article and purchase paid content, we will provide you with payment service through a third-party payment institution. Third-party payment institutions may need to collect your name, bank card type and number, validity period, and mobile phone number. Bank card number, validity period, and mobile phone number are personal sensitive information, which are required for the payment function. Refusal to provide them will result in you being unable to use this function, but it will not affect the normal use of other functions.
2.7 Shared information related to advertising: a. Advertising push: We may share information with partners who entrust us with promotion and advertising, but we will not share information used to identify you personally (name, ID number), only Indirect portrait tags and de-identified or anonymized information that cannot identify you will be provided to these partners to help them improve the effective reach rate of advertising without identifying you personally. b Advertising statistics: We may share de-identified statistical information for analysis with business service providers, suppliers and other partners. This information is difficult to associate with your identity information. This information will help us analyze and measure the effectiveness of advertising and related services.
We will only share your information for legitimate, necessary, and specific purposes. Only de-identified or anonymized information will be shared with third parties. For third-party service providers with whom we share information, we will require them to fulfill relevant confidentiality obligations, take corresponding security measures, and provide relevant security level certifications. If you have anything to know, you can also choose to contact us through the feedback channels listed in the “How to Contact Us” section of this policy, and we will answer you as soon as possible.
This policy only applies to the personal information we collect and does not apply to the services provided by any third party or the third party’s information use rules. These third-party services are operated by the relevant third parties. Your use of such third-party services (including any information you provide to such third parties) is subject to the third party’s own terms of service and information protection statement (rather than this policy), and you need to read its terms carefully. If you find that there are risks in these third-party services, it is recommended that you terminate the relevant operations to protect your legitimate rights and interests.
We will not transfer your personal information to any company, organization or individual, except in the following circumstances:
(1) Obtain your explicit consent in advance;
(2) According to laws, regulations or mandatory administrative or judicial requirements;
(3) When involving asset transfer, acquisition, merger, reorganization or bankruptcy liquidation, if personal information transfer is involved, we will inform you of the relevant situation and require new companies and organizations that hold your personal information to continue to be bound by this policy. constraints. If the purpose of using personal information is changed, we will require the company or organization to obtain your explicit consent again.
4. public disclosure
In principle, we will not disclose your information to the public, except when announcing penalties for illegal accounts or fraudulent activities. If public disclosure is indeed necessary, we will inform you of the purpose of public disclosure, the type of information disclosed and the sensitive information that may be involved, and obtain your explicit consent.
5. Personal information that is exempt from consent to sharing, transfer, and public disclosure in accordance with the law
Please understand that in the following circumstances, in accordance with laws, regulations, and national standards, we do not need to obtain your authorization to share, transfer, and publicly disclose your personal information:
(1) Directly related to national security and national defense security;
(2) Directly related to public security, public health, and major public interests;
(3) Directly related to a criminal investigation, prosecution, trial, and judgment execution;
(4) To protect your or other individuals’ life, property, and other major legitimate rights and interests but it is difficult to obtain your consent;
(5) Personal information that you disclose to the public on your own;
(6) Collect personal information from legally publicly disclosed information, such as legal news reports, government information disclosure, and other channels.
6. How to manage your personal information
To allow you to query, access, and correct your personal information more conveniently, and at the same time protect your right to log out, log out of your account and set privacy functions, in accordance with relevant Chinese laws, regulations and standards, we have provided you with corresponding information in product design. For operation settings, you can refer to the following guidelines.
- Access your personal information
When logged in, select the [My] tab in the lower right corner of the client. Your avatar, nickname and other personal information will be displayed at the top of the page.
- Correct your personal information
When logged in, select the [My] tab in the lower right corner of the client. Click on the top of the page to display your avatar, nickname and other personal information areas to enter your personal homepage. Click the [Edit Information] button in the upper right corner again to correct your personal information.
- sign out
While logged in, select the [My] tab in the lower right corner of the client to enter [More Settings]. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the [Log out] button, click it.
- Log out
Method 1: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Method 2: While logged in, select the [My] tab in the lower right corner of the client and enter [More Settings]. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the [Permanently Cancel Account] button. Click it and follow the instructions to complete the process.
- News content targeted push switch setting
Select the [My] tab in the lower right corner of the client, enter [More Settings]-[Privacy Settings], and turn on or off the [News Content Targeted Push] switch. When turned off, the news you see will not depend on your personalized behavior.
- Sensitive permission settings
Select the [My] tab in the lower right corner of the client and enter [More Settings] – [Privacy Settings] to turn on or off location, photos (storage space), camera, microphone, permission to obtain mobile phone information and make calls. . After closing we will no longer collect information related to these permissions. Enter [System Settings]-[Application]-[Auto-Start Management] to turn on or off the self-start function. Turning it off may cause the real-time update of widget content to fail.
- Minors’ Information Protection Clauses
We protect the personal information of minors by relevant national laws and regulations. We will only collect, use, store, share, transfer or disclose minors as permitted by law, with explicit consent from parents or other guardians, or as necessary to protect minors. Personal Information of Adults.
- Contact us
When you have other complaints, suggestions, or issues related to minors’ personal information, or need to delete all access records, send your questions to support email@example.com.
We will review the issue as soon as possible and respond within fifteen working days after verifying your user identity.